July 4th Weekend Campout- 4 nights, June 30-July 4, 2018
Our July 4th campout this year will take us to Bear River Reservoir on Rt. 88 30 miles west of Carson Pass.
Situated at 6,000 ft., its proximity to water and the mixed pine setting in the fresh Sierra Nevada air, make Bear River Group Campground an excellent group retreat destination.
Water sports near camp include fishing, kayaking, canoeing, swjimming and picnicking on the shores.
Hikes: There are spectacular hikes into the High Sierra from a number of trailheads along 88 as well as short, easy hikes near camp.
GLS camping trips also feature a potluck dinner on Saturday evening, and camaraderie around GLS’s propane fire pits, with options for Follies (skits and home-grown entertainment), game night, sing-alongs and/or a dance party depending on the participants interest.
We hope you will join us for what promises to be a wonderful extended weekend in a magical location.
In order to reg you need to complete the attached Medical Form and upload it with your reg. Medical Form_Local Outings_Blank.pdf
Angela Romagnoli Camping Scholarship: This scholarship, which provides free registration to one camper for each GLS camping trip, has been established in the memory of Angie Romagnoli. It is intended for a GLS member who might otherwise not be able to join a camping trip due to financial restraints.
1. All participants must register and pay online on the GLS website.
2. No registrations will be accepted until an outing has been announced to the full membership via email announcement.
3. Space on any outing will be assigned only upon completion of registration and payment.
4. Confirmed reservations are non-transferable.
5. As with any GLS outing, acceptance of any individual on a trip will be at the discretion of the particular Outings Leader for that trip.
6. Registration fees will be refunded to any Outings Leader who plans and leads a group hike during camping trips. Serving as a co-leader for such activities does not qualify for a refund.
7. Once the allowable number of participants has been confirmed, a wait list will be compiled. If a cancellation occurs, individuals will be contacted in the order in which their names appear on the waitlist. Failure to respond within 24 hours will forfeit one’s place on the waitlist. Registration for most trips will close two days in advance of trips.
8. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS: All cancellations must be sent via email to the trip registrar. Cancellations received at least 14 days in advance will be refunded the registration fee, less $10, if and only if the space can be filled. Otherwise, the full fee will be forfeited. Cancellations received less than 14 days in advance of a trip will forfeit the full registration fee. If a personal or family illness or other extenuating circumstances cause a last minute cancellation, that person may appeal in writing to GovCom for a waiver and partial refund. In all cases, no refunds will be issued until after the scheduled camping trip or outing.
9. To facilitate trip leadership and safety, registration and payment is required in order to participate in any aspect of a camping trip or other outing sponsored by the GLS Governing Committee.
10. Should the Governing Committee cancel a camping trip or outing for any reason, all registrants will receive a full refund.