Labor Day at Lake Tahoe Group Camp
Friday - Monday, August 30-Sept 2, 2019
Sugar Pine State Park Campground
Our Labor Day Camping Trip Registration will open
Sunday July 21 at 7am.
Join our group camp for 40 people at Sugar Pine State Park (elevation 6220 ft near Tahoma, CA.). With nearly two miles of lake frontage, the park has dense forests of pine, fir, aspen and juniper. Our campground is perfectly located on the west shore of Lake Tahoe, ten miles south of Tahoe City on Highway 89. It is 1/4 mile walk from the parking lot to the lakeshore. Summer temperatures are typical for the mountains, ranging from 75-80 degrees during the day to the low 40s at night.
Hikes and Activities: Trip leaders will arrange an assortment of different levels of hiking activities for the group. Our camp is close to some of the best hiking Lake Tahoe has to offer- you will not be disappointed! Additionally, people can check out lake activities (kayaking, SUPing) and historic area tours. Lake Tahoe is considered to be one of the most spectacular lakes (and mountain settings) in the country.
Rainbow Sierran camping trips also feature a potluck dinner on Saturday evening, and camaraderie around our propane fire pits, with options for Follies (skits and home-grown entertainment), game night, sing-alongs and/or a dance party depending on the participants interest.
We hope you will join us for what promises to be a wonderful extended weekend in a magical location.
We will be asking for medical information during registration. This allows the trip leaders to be informed of the medical conditions you may have prior to an unexpected crisis. This information is kept confidential.
Angela Romagnoli Camping Scholarship: This scholarship, which provides free registration to one camper for each GLS camping trip, has been established in the memory of Angie Romagnoli. It is intended for a GLS member who might otherwise not be able to join a camping trip due to financial restraints.
1. All participants must register and pay online on the GLS website.
2. No registrations will be accepted until an outing has been announced to the full membership via email announcement.
3. Space on any outing will be assigned only upon completion of registration and payment.
4. Confirmed reservations are non-transferable.
5. As with any GLS outing, acceptance of any individual on a trip will be at the discretion of the particular Outings Leader for that trip.
6. Registration fees will be refunded to any Outings Leader who plans and leads a group hike during camping trips. Serving as a co-leader for such activities does not qualify for a refund.
7. Once the allowable number of participants has been confirmed, a wait list will be compiled. If a cancellation occurs, individuals will be contacted in the order in which their names appear on the waitlist. Failure to respond within 48 hours will forfeit one’s place on the waitlist. Registration for most trips will close four days in advance of trips.
8. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS: All cancellations must be sent via email to the trip registrar. Cancellations received at least 14 days in advance will be refunded the registration fee, less $10, if and only if the space can be filled. Otherwise, the full fee will be forfeited. Cancellations received less than 14 days in advance of a trip will forfeit the full registration fee. If a personal or family illness or other extenuating circumstances cause a last minute cancellation, that person may appeal in writing to GovCom for a waiver and partial refund. In all cases, no refunds will be issued until after the scheduled camping trip or outing.
9. To facilitate trip leadership and safety, registration and payment is required in order to participate in any aspect of a camping trip or other outing sponsored by the GLS Governing Committee.
10. Should the Governing Committee cancel a camping trip or outing for any reason, all registrants will receive a full refund.
Cancellation: read entire cancellation policy before registering:
Outing Registration and Cancellation Policies