Seals and Sea Otters By Kayak: Elkhorn Slough: September 15th 9:30am-2:30pm
Early Fall in Elkhorn Slough is an exciting time as we search for baby sea otter pups in addition to all other wildlife wonders of the Slough. Leaving from Moss Landing, we'll have a leisurely paddle through the protected waterway. Birding is excellent with many species arriving into the slough to feast in the mud flats. Beginners welcomed.
Plan on meeting at the public boat launch ramp in North Moss Landing Harbor just behind Monterey Bay Kayaks (2390 Hwy One) at 9:30am.
We will be using double sea kayaks which are very stable and easy to use. We expect to be back at the launch area by 2:00pm and wrapping up by 2:30pm.
Items to where and bring:
* Dress in layers -- Fleece, capilene, silk or wool are good insulators; bring a warm top that can be put on if cool weather (fog) approaches; a sweatshirt is adequate.
* Long pants or shorts- sweat pants that can be rolled up work well; an outer shell of nylon material dries quickly, but jeans get soggy and are not recommended.
* Wind breaker or paddling jacket
* Footgear - tennis shoes, Teva type sandals or wet suit booties -- any style is fine; they will get wet as you wade in to launch your boat.
* Hat with visor for sun protection
* Water bottle
* Lunch in a compact lunch bag--take in boat with you
* Sunscreen and lip balm
* Sun glasses (or prescription glasses) attached with a leash
* Binoculars and camera in waterproof bag ( use at your own risk); disposable cameras work well.
* Tips for the guides (optional)
* Change of clothes for ride home to be left in car
Cancelations: For a refund minus $15 cancellations must be made before August 15th. Cancellations after August 15th will be refunded 50% if your spot can be filled. All refunds will be processed after September 16th.