Sunset Kayaking in Elkhorn Slough
August 21st 4pm-8pm
We will search by kayak for seals, sea otters and other wildlife of the Slough. The protected water of the Slough is an ideal place to observe some of California's finest coastal resources. We will be using tandem closed deck sea kayaks which are very stable and easy to use. No previous kayaking experience is necessary. Life jacket provided
Cost: $63 for Rainbow Sierrans members, $75 for non-members
Items to where and bring:
* Dress in layers -- Fleece, capilene, silk or wool are good insulators; bring a warm top that can be put on if cool weather (fog) approaches; a sweatshirt is adequate.
* Long pants or shorts- sweat pants that can be rolled up work well; an outer shell of nylon material dries quickly, but jeans get soggy and are not recommended.
* Wind breaker or paddling jacket
* Footgear - tennis shoes, Teva type sandals or wet suit booties -- any style is fine; they will get wet as you wade in to launch your boat.
* Hat with visor for sun protection
* Water bottle
* Snacks in a compact bag--take in boat with you
* Sunscreen and lip balm
* Sunglasses (or prescription glasses) attached with a leash
* Binoculars and camera in waterproof bag ( use at your own risk); disposable cameras work well.
* Tips for the guides (optional)
* Change of clothes for ride home to be left in car
Cancelations: For a refund minus $15 cancellations must be made before July 21st. Cancellations after July 21st will be refunded 50% if your spot can be filled. All refunds will be processed after August 21st.