Registration is open for the Yosemite Snow Getaway
Feb 3-6, 2023 (3rd night optional)
Our annual Yosemite winter trip is back! Get ready for a break from your everyday routine, by joining 30 lucky Rainbow Sierrans for a Yosemite Snow Getaway at the Yosemite Bug Rustic Mountain Resort in Midpines (off Hwy.140), about 35 miles from Yosemite Valley. Yosemite Bug offers a variety of accommodations; dorm beds, heated tents, and private rooms. There is an on-site dining at their June Bug Café and an onsite kitchen facility for cooking with a large refrigeration storage unit for food. For those who need a little extra attention, spend some time at the Bug’s onsite spa for a massage or a dip in their hot tub. When you’re not nesting at the Bug, enjoy the Yosemite wintry outdoor with activities such as downhill or cross country skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating at the Village or a walk around Yosemite’s noted landmarks. We will be offering leader led snowshoe/hike outings in Yosemite on Saturday and Sunday.
Requirements to participate in this Rainbow Sierrans activity:
1. Secure accommodation at the Yosemite Bug first. You will receive a registration number with your online confirmation email from them- you will need this.
2. Register for the trip on the RS site www.rainbowsierrans.org- you will need to enter the registration/hotel confirmation number (you will receive an email confirmation from the Yosemite Bug) in your online registration. Registrations that do not include this information will be cancelled. All RS members should do their own registration, RS members can register non-members staying in their room as guests.
3. If the trip is full when you register, please add yourself to the waiting list and hold onto your room- we will be communicating with the waitlist closer to the cancellation period.
4. Only after successful trip registration will you be allowed to participate in outdoor activities.
5. Medical form and proof of COVID 19 vaccination and appropriate booster will be required for trip participants- as this activity has indoor elements- per Sierra Club policy. Upload in the field provided. For help contact Marian - Marian2049
(best to download this form and save it, complete it, and upload to registration for this trip.)
6. No pets allowed.
How do I make my reservation?
1. Because the month of January fills up quickly, Yosemite Bug is holding a limited amount of private rooms, heated tent cabins and dorm beds (in the women’s dorm area) until Jan. 3, 2023. After Jan. 3 you still can reserve a room, however, there is no guarantee that there will be rooms available. Please call Yosemite Bug at (866)826-7108 and state that you are with Marian and the Sierra Club arriving on February 3. Please note the Yosemite Bug cancellation policy: cancellation must be 2 weeks prior to arrival date otherwise there will be a one night charge.
2. Please refer to Yosemite Bug website for any other information. https://www.yosemitebug.com
Looking forward to seeing you in Yosemite, your RS trip leaders,
Marian Stainbrook, Jenna Slovis and Kimberly Luce